[j-nsp] L2VPN Termination

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Thu Jul 25 12:54:57 EDT 2013

Hey thereŠ

We have a new BGP customer coming onboard (they are pushing IP Transit from
us).  One of our local POP's is actually right on their campus so we will be
handing off the service directly from an MX port.

This MX is part of our LSP mesh but it does not have a full BGP Internet
table on it.  Several options exist (send full table down to this box, use
multi hop BGP etc) but one of them I'm curious to know if there's a way to
doŠ

Is there a way using an L2VPN to terminate the path on a loopback or other
virtual interface?  At the customer premise, there is a physical port which
could be one end of the L2VPN but at a nearby core router I would like to
"virtually" terminate the other end therefore creating a point to point /30
for BGP to speak over and provide a full table?

Thanks for any input ­ looking for something creative here ;)

Paul