[j-nsp] L2VPN Termination

Tarko Tikan tarko at lanparty.ee
Fri Jul 26 15:08:03 EDT 2013

hey,

> Alternatively use routed VPLS on the core box if it is also an MX and a
> standard VPLS instance on the edge:
> http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.2/topics/task/configuratio
> n/vpls-irb-solutions.html

+1 for this. Not a hack, we have been using this for a while now and got
all major bugs fixed over time. In production for hundreds of thousands
of customers.

Don't use lt- interfaces if you don't have to.

> Or if you are game then in the next release you should get "psX"
> interfaces on the MX for direct PWHT although it will still be bound to
> an lt- interface underneath.  Documentation already exists for this for
> 13.1.

+1 for this as well. This will supposedly support all the features
physical ports do so you can do HQoS etc.

--
tarko