[j-nsp] EX4550 and 3rd Party SFP-1GE-LX

Joe Wooller joe at waia.asn.au
Thu Jun 6 06:40:59 EDT 2013

Thanks for the reply,
This is basically what is happening (i think) the PFE becomes unusable until you reboot. Is there a way to see what ports are on what PFE?

I have spoken to a number of SFP suppliers here and this is exactly what they suspect too. I have a JTAC logged so I will see what they come back with.
My biggest issue with this now is having remote hands work on a site, install a 3rd party optic (by mistake for argument sake) and have a whole PFE crash.
I personally think they should have some way of dealing with that without having to reboot. (Maybe they do, I just don't know what it is).

Cheers
Joe