[j-nsp] EX4550 and 3rd Party SFP-1GE-LX

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Jun 6 06:29:12 EDT 2013

On (2013-06-06 15:57 +0800), Joe Wooller wrote:

Hey Joe,

> Apr 10 04:44:48  sw01chassism[1298]: Error(2):I2C read of EEPROM failed for Port 14 at offset 0x0

> I would be interested to see if anyone else has encountered this?
> So far I can not replicate the issue with 3rd party Copper SPF;s or 10Gig SFP+'s.

I have some SFPs which crash Trio PFE because they don't respond to I2C
queries fast enough and read failure error condition is not handled so the
whole PFE crashes.

I guess your optics microcontroller isn't up to snuff.

Some might say that even official optic might get HW fault which causes I2C
read problems and that you always need to handle errors, but those people
didn't handle my JTAC case.

--
  ++ytti