[j-nsp] Link local address errors when committing VRRP for inet6

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Fri Jun 21 02:07:42 EDT 2013

* Morgan McLean
> So from doing some googling, I see link local addresses being required for
> any sort of multicast usage under ipv6?
>
> What do I need to do here? I removed the eui-64, that was in there while I
> was trying to get it to commit.

IIRC you need another "address fe80::x/64" on that interface.

However the requirement to manually set up link local addresses has been
removed in later JUNOS versions. At lest JUNOS 12.2R3.5 happily accepts
the following:

tore at cr1-osl3> show configuration interfaces xe-1/3/0.524 family inet6
[...]
address 2001:db8:1:2:ffff::1:2/64 {
    vrrp-inet6-group 0 {
        virtual-inet6-address 2001:db8:1:2:ffff::1;
        accept-data;
    }
}

Tore