[j-nsp] cacti plugin for SCU/DCU

Matjaž Straus Istenič juniper at arnes.si
Mon Jun 24 06:26:45 EDT 2013

On 24. jun. 2013, at 11:45, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:

> On Monday, June 24, 2013 11:28:17 AM Matjaž Straus Istenič
> wrote:
>
>> Dear list,
>> any recommendations for a Cacti plugin for a Juniper
>> SCU/DCU graphing?
>
> When we wanted to do this 3 years ago, we couldn't find a
> decent plugin.
>
> So we ended up using an elaborate scheme of DCU and firewall
> filters, and then walked
>
> http://www.oidview.com/mibs/2636/JUNIPER-FIREWALL-MIB.html
>
> so that we can graph the firewall filter counters and create
> graphs for the same.

Thank you for the hint, Mark!
We've been using the firewall filter counters as well, but we are facing some problems with this method on some newer MPCs (matching on the source-class is not functioning properly). That's why I'm looking for a simpler option with the SCU/DCU usage which works well. My laziness in writing XML files and templates for Cacti forced me to ask the list first ;-).

> It would be nice if Juniper could associate this with queues
> like Cisco do, because you can then just graph the queues.
> But then again, there are probably other use-cases for
> DCU/SCU in Juniper like there are for QPPB in Cisco.
>
> Mark.

Kind regards,
	Matjaž