[j-nsp] EX2200 Series

Bill Blackford bblackford at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 20:19:01 EDT 2013

> Any features specifically that you're curios about?
Has anyone done/used the VC feature? How stable is it? Does it function in
a similar manner to that of the EX4200's? How do they handle the loss of a
member?

These will be closet stacks, so little need for any L3 functionality.
However, in the event I bring L3 down to the access layer, is the
OSPF implementation usable? (my experience has been on 3200/4200's
primarily). I believe I read something about limitations.

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Paulhamus, Jon <jpaulhamus at iu17.org> wrote:

> We have well approximately 75 of the 2200's and closer to 250 of the
> 4200's / 4500's either standalone or in VC.     A few bugs along the way
> with earlier code - but now we've stuck with 11.4R5.7 code and all is well.
>  I've mixed the 2200's with mostly Cisco, and 3com / HP and have had no
> issues with compatibility other than a few gotchas with VLAN pruning on the
> Cisco's that we easily accounted for.  For what it's worth, we also use
> SRX's combined with Cisco routers and firewalls for VPN's as well without
> any issues.
>
> Any features specifically that you're curios about?

Bill Blackford

Logged into reality and abusing my sudo privileges.....