[j-nsp] EX VC mixed mode experience

Amos Rosenboim amos at oasis-tech.net
Fri Mar 1 12:58:03 EST 2013

We have deployed a mixed mode 4500/4200 small VC as a part of mobile network core and it is running smoothly so far.
We don't have significant throughput, and we don't run any fancy features.
It's simply serves as L2 port extension for MX routers.

We have also tried to deploy mixed mode between 4550 and 4200 for an ISP and had serious issues with arp replies not being forwarded from the 4200 to hosts on the 4550.
JTAC are working on this and we rolled back to using the switches as standalone and interconnected the switches using a LAG.

Amos

Sent from my iPhone