[j-nsp] SRX with CX111 int to vlan

Aaron Dewell aaron.dewell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 21:44:42 EDT 2013

Quick question for you all (I'm sure I'm doing something dumb here).

I had this working config:

routing-instances {
	ISP {
		instance-type virtual-router;
		interface ge-0/0/0.0;
	}
}
interfaces {
	ge-0/0/0 {
		unit 0 {
			family inet {
				dhcp;
			}
		}
	}
}
security {
	zones {
		security-zone Untrust {
			interfaces {
				ge-0/0/0.0 {
					host-inbound-traffic {
						dhcp;
						ping;
						ike;
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

That was working.  Now I want to be able to get to the CX111's management VLAN, so I changed it to this:

routing-instances {
	ISP {
		instance-type virtual-router;
		interface vlan.10;
	}
}
interfaces {
	ge-0/0/0 {
		unit 0 {
			family ethernet-switching {
				port-mode trunk;
				vlan {
					members cx111-mgmt;
				}
				native-vlan-id cx111-internet;
			}
		}
	}
	vlan {
		unit 10 {
			family inet {
				dhcp;
			}
		}
		unit 3900 {
			family inet {
				address 192.168.0.2/24;
			}
		}
	}
}
security {
	zones {
		security-zone Untrust {
			interfaces {
				vlan.10 {
					host-inbound-traffic {
						dhcp;
						ping;
						ike;
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}
}
vlans {
	cx111-internet {
		vlan-id 10;
		l3-interface vlan.10;
	}
	cx111-mgmt {
		vlan-id 3900;
		l3-interface vlan.3900;
	}
}

And yes, I just wrote that out. :-)  So if it's less than perfect syntax, that's why.  Anyway, you get the idea.  vlan.3900 will be in a zone, but my immediate concern is no longer getting a DHCP address from the CX111 (this time on vlan.10 instead of ge-0/0/0.0).

Does anyone see anything quick that I did wrong here?

Thanks!

Aaron