[j-nsp] SRX with CX111 int to vlan

Aaron Dewell aaron.dewell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 23:06:23 EDT 2013

On Mar 12, 2013, at 7:44 PM, Aaron Dewell wrote:

> Quick question for you all (I'm sure I'm doing something dumb here).
>
> I had this working config:
> […]
>

> That was working.  Now I want to be able to get to the CX111's management VLAN, so I changed it to this:
>
> […]
>
> And yes, I just wrote that out. :-)  So if it's less than perfect syntax, that's why.  Anyway, you get the idea.  vlan.3900 will be in a zone, but my immediate concern is no longer getting a DHCP address from the CX111 (this time on vlan.10 instead of ge-0/0/0.0).
>
> Does anyone see anything quick that I did wrong here?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Aaron

Replying to myself, here's the exact show | compare:

[edit interfaces ge-0/0/0 unit 0]
-      family inet {
-          dhcp;
-      }
+      family ethernet-switching {
+          port-mode trunk;
+          vlan {
+              members cx111-mgmt;
+          }
+          native-vlan-id cx111-internet;
+      }
[edit interfaces vlan]
+    unit 10 {
+        description "CX111 Backup internet for IPSec Tunnel";
+        family inet {
+            dhcp;
+        }
+    }
+    unit 3900 {
+        description "CX111 management VLAN";
+        family inet {
+            address 192.168.0.2/24;
+        }
+    }
[edit security ike gateway Backup]
-    external-interface ge-0/0/0.0;
+    external-interface vlan.10;
[edit security zones security-zone Untrust interfaces]
+     vlan.10 {
+         host-inbound-traffic {
+             system-services {
+                 ping;