[j-nsp] Problem with EX4200-VC connected with LAG‏

Riccardo S dim0sal at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 13 09:45:44 EDT 2013

I’ve a couple of virtual chassis EX4200 (same Junos 11.4R5.7) connected with two links (now one is faulty) in LAG, scenario quite simple.

4200A ==  4200B

The following problem are experienced:

1) LAG comes up only when LACP is disabled, hence static config.
>From the “monitor traffic interface ge-xxx” no LACP packet on both VC is seen…

2) LLDP neighborship is visible only on 4200A and the LLDP configuration is identical on both sides:

4200A# run show configuration protocols lldp
interface ae0.0;
{master:0}[edit]

4200B# run show configuration protocols lldp
interface ae0.0;
{master:0}[edit]

4200A# run show lldp neighbors
Local Interface    Parent Interface    Chassis Id          Port info          System Name
ge-1/0/1.0         ae0.0               54:e0:32:02:bc:c0   ge-1/0/1.0         4200B
{master:0}[edit protocols]

4200B# run show lldp neighbors
{master:0}[edit protocols]

3) On the LAG is configured also OAM with the following difference:

4200A# run show oam ethernet link-fault-management
  Interface: ae0.0
    Peer address: 00:00:00:00:00:00
    Flags:0x8
Application profile statistics:
  Profile Name                   Invoked     Executed
  default                                  0        0

{master:0}[edit]
4200B# run show oam ethernet link-fault-management
  Interface: ae0.0
    Peer address: 00:00:00:00:00:00
    Flags:0x8
Application profile statistics:
  Profile Name                   Invoked     Executed
  default                                 25       25

{master:0}[edit]

4) BGP session between these VC sometimes flap but not error is received or interface down, I see only incremented the Invoked and Exectued action on the OAM display of 4200B.

I’ve the impression that the line is not so stable, but not all the point 1-2-3-4) can be referenced only to the line….
Any idea or help very appreciated.

Tks