[j-nsp] internal BGP necessary ?

Piotr piotr.1234 at interia.pl
Sat Mar 23 10:13:18 EDT 2013

Hello,

I have to connect two networks via bgp, both have own ospf area0, there
are 2 points od redistribution between BGP and OSPF. We use med to have
symmetry, because Junipers must work in flow based (ipsec).

When we set on cisco  default AD, on juniper we change bgp ad to 20 (
like in Cisco) juniper prefer routes from ibgp and there is a problem
with redistribution between ospf and ebgp because there is no prefix
from ospf in rib.

I think that when i remove internal bgp session there should be ok, in
rib there will be prefixes only from ospf so there will be no problem
wirh redistribution? There are some disadvantages when there is no ibgp ?

Thanks for any clue or notice,

thanks,
regards,
Piotr