[j-nsp] EX series junos 12.x version

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Sun Mar 24 06:32:16 EDT 2013

* Timh Bergström

> That's interesting, have you seen any other 'gotchas' with 12.2R3? I'm
> running a 11.3 version and desperately want NSSU (among other things)
> and have a similar setup, lag/lacp/vlan termination/routing/ospf(v3).
> Does 3rd party transceivers work? How is missing licenses handled
> (enforced/warnings)?

I've seen one gotcha - uplinks to a couple of Cisco 6120s went down
after a short period of uptime. Error seen on the Cisco side was "DCX-No
ACK in 100 PDUs". No idea if the Cisco or the Juniper was to blame - I
never investigated the issue, as deleting the "protocols dcbx"
configuration hierarchy on the EX made the links stay up. I'm not using
DCBX for anything anyway, so I'm fine with that.

Other than that: So far, so good. YMMV, of course.

I'm using 3rd party optics with no issues, although most of them are
coded specifically for Juniper. We also use some Cisco-coded DAC cables
without any problems.

I have no idea on how missing licences are handled, as I have all the
licences I need.

--
Tore Anderson