[j-nsp] EX series junos 12.x version

Timh Bergström timh.bergstrom at videoplaza.com
Sun Mar 24 06:04:37 EDT 2013

Sorry for hijacking!

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 11:05 AM, Tore Anderson <tore at fud.no> wrote:
> * Marco Nesler
>
>> I need to deploy a small VC with EX4200 switches. For the junos version,
>> usually i just stick with the JTAC recommended one. In this case NSSU and
>> non stop bridging are a requirement, so i need to put a 12.something
>> version on the vc. Any suggestion on a good 12.x release, stable and
>> suitable for a small production environment ?
>> The machines will be used basically as a small L2/L3 core, vlan switching,
>> lacp, inter vlan routing, ospfv2/ospfv3 with single area with around 500
>> routes.
>
> Running 12.2R3 on an EX4500-VC here, having pretty much the same tasks
> as you mention above. So far so good. Didn't actually try NSSU yet, but
> having it available for future upgrades was my primary motivation for
> going above 11.4 too.

That's interesting, have you seen any other 'gotchas' with 12.2R3? I'm
running a 11.3 version and desperately want NSSU (among other things)
and have a similar setup, lag/lacp/vlan termination/routing/ospf(v3).
Does 3rd party transceivers work? How is missing licenses handled
(enforced/warnings)?

Thanks!

--
Timh Bergström