[j-nsp] Confusion about DSCP marking and rewrite rules

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sun Mar 31 11:11:56 EDT 2013

On Monday, January 14, 2013 10:55:11 AM Per Granath wrote:

> On egress you may apply a rewrite rule to a class (on an
> interface). Essentially, this means you cannot rewrite
> on ingress.

On IQ2 and IQ2E PIC's, you can remark on ingress with the
ToS Translation Tables feature.

On the MX running Trio line cards, you can remark on ingress
with an ingress firewall filter, but sadly, this doesn't
support EXP or IPv6 DSCP bits.

I like the ToS Translation Tables, but it's limited to
platforms that run those line cards (which is not to say
that an IQ2 or IQ2E PIC in an MX-FPC will work - never
tried).

Mark.