[j-nsp] Fwd: bgp license mx480 MPC-3D-16XGE-SFPP

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed May 1 13:03:43 EDT 2013

On Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:47:52 PM Eugeniu Patrascu wrote:
> In the Release Notes for JUNOS 12 something for EX, there
> is an example of commit error when you use a protocol
> without a license and you cannot use it. I am missing
> the right link now but it stood out as it was the first
> time I saw it.

Found this for Junos 12.3R2:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos12.3/information-products/topic-collections/release-notes/12.3/index.html

License Warning Messages

For using features that require a license, you must install
and configure a license key. To obtain a license key, use
the contact information provided in your certificate.

If you have not purchased the AFL or EFL and installed the
license key, you receive warnings when you try to commit
the configuration:

[edit protocols]
  'bgp'
    warning: requires 'bgp' license
error: commit failed: (statements constraint check failed)

The system generates system log (syslog) alarm messages notifying
you that the feature requires a license—for example:

Sep  3 05:59:11   craftd[806]:  Minor alarm set, BGP Routing Protocol usage requires a license
Sep  3 05:59:11   alarmd[805]: Alarm set: License color=YELLOW, class=CHASSIS, reason=BGP Routing Protocol usage requires a
license
Sep  3 05:59:11   alarmd[805]: LICENSE_EXPIRED: License for feature bgp(47) expired

Output of the show system alarms command displays the active
alarms:

user at switch> show system alarms

1 alarm currently active
Alarm time               Class  Description
2009-09-03 06:00:11 UTC  Minor  BGP Routing Protocol usage requires a license

Cheers,

Mark.