[j-nsp] PS Supply on MX480

John pp luklaupdates at gmail.com
Wed May 8 20:37:29 EDT 2013

Hey everyone,

Few questions here that nobody seems to know!
the MX480 requires two PSU's to run
I purchased a MPC line card (16xge sfpp), so I need the high capacity fans
however how many *REGULAR *PSU's are needed for the high capacity fans..
I'm finding these bigger 2520W PSU's, do I need these to run the high
capacity fans? Or will regular suffice? I want to have some fault
redundancy,

i.e if the the regular can run it with 4 PSU then I'd go with the bigger
psu anyway as if one psu fails then we'll run into issues..

hope someone can help me here

thanks !