[j-nsp] PS Supply on MX480

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Wed May 8 21:21:35 EDT 2013

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/release-independent/junos/information-products/pathway-pages/mx-series/mx480/index.html#planning

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/reference/specifications/power-supply-mx480-ac.html

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/reference/specifications/mx480-power-components.html

So the answer is "it depends".  Your exact system configuration
(including line voltages!) needs to be taken into account for how much
power you're using and have available.  I also do not know if you can
mix-n-match PSUs like that, I'll leave that up to others to answer.

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 5:37 PM, John pp <luklaupdates at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> Few questions here that nobody seems to know!
> the MX480 requires two PSU's to run
> I purchased a MPC line card (16xge sfpp), so I need the high capacity fans
> however how many *REGULAR *PSU's are needed for the high capacity fans..
> I'm finding these bigger 2520W PSU's, do I need these to run the high
> capacity fans? Or will regular suffice? I want to have some fault
> redundancy,
>
> i.e if the the regular can run it with 4 PSU then I'd go with the bigger
> psu anyway as if one psu fails then we'll run into issues..
>
> hope someone can help me here
>
> thanks !

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler