[j-nsp] DOM support for OEM optics

Amos Rosenboim amos at oasis-tech.net
Wed May 15 10:31:48 EDT 2013

Hi,

Can you share some models that support DOM ?
All the compatibles that we have do not support it.

Thanks

Amos

Sent from my iPhone

On 15 May 2013, at 14:28, "sthaug at nethelp.no<mailto:sthaug at nethelp.no>" <sthaug at nethelp.no<mailto:sthaug at nethelp.no>> wrote:

I have started collecting information regarding DOM support for 3rd party
optics.
I am primarily interested in support for MX and EX series.
Brief search of list did not reveal much information.
This is what I got so far:
1. 3rd party optics are accepted in MX/EX most of the times
2. DOM support works for _some_ of the optics.

No experience with EX. MX: In all cases where the optics part itself
supports DOM, we have been able to read the information with "show
interfaces diagnostics optics".

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no<mailto:sthaug at nethelp.no>