[j-nsp] EX2200 OSPF question

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Wed May 22 17:25:07 EDT 2013

On Wed, 22 May 2013, Paul Stewart wrote:

> You have to buy the extended feature license on the EX2200 to run OSPF.
> We have a bunch of EX2200-C deployed that have OSPF routes on them and
> they work fine - to qualify that though, there is very little traffic
> through them at layer3 - cant' see them handling much layer3 traffic.
> That deployment is mainly layer2 oriented.

Can you explain your concerns about layer 3 performance?  I was under the
impression that the EX2200 was a hardware forwarding platform.  Am I
incorrect?

--
Brandon Ross                                      Yahoo & AIM:  BrandonNRoss
+1-404-635-6667                                                ICQ:  2269442