[j-nsp] M-series IPSEC / SP interface and VRF

Scott Harvanek scott.harvanek at login.com
Sat Nov 9 12:58:29 EST 2013

Is there a way to build a IPSec tunnel / service interface where the
local gateway is NOT in the same routing-instance as the service interface?

Here's what I'm trying to do;

[ router A (SRX) ] == Switch / IS-IS mesh == [ router B m10i ]
[ st0.0 / VRF ] ================= [ sp-0/0/0.0 / VRF ]

The problem is, I want sp-0/0/0.0 on router B in a VRF but NOT the
outside interface on router B, I cannot commit unless the
outside/local-gateway on the IPSec tunnel is in the same
routing-instance as the service interface, is there a way around this?
The SRX devices can do this without issue.

service-set XXXX {
     interface-service {
         service-interface sp-0/0/0.0; <-- want this in a VRF
     }
     ipsec-vpn-options {
         local-gateway x.x.x.x; <-- default routing instance
     }
     ipsec-vpn-rules XXXX
}

--