[j-nsp] Juniper MX104

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Tue Nov 12 20:25:29 EST 2013

One thing to keep in mind about these boxes is that, like the MX5/10/40/80, the built-in 10G ports do not do hierarchical QoS (per-unit scheduling).  I'm confused as to why this is, considering they are Trio-based routers, but I digress.  I personally don't think that the astronomical cost to enable the 10G ports on all the low-end MX routers is worth it, considering they can't even do per-unit scheduling.

-evt