[j-nsp] EX cpu performance under multicast replication load?

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Wed Nov 13 14:39:31 EST 2013

If the multicast traffic is using a group that shares the same
multicast MAC address as some control-plane protocol groups
(224.0.0.X) then the RE CPU needs to get a copy of all those packets
in case it needs to act on possible control plane traffic.  This is a
problem that most switches have.  See:

http://web.urz.uni-heidelberg.de/Netzdienste/docext/3com/superstack/3_0/3900/2i3igmp6.html