[j-nsp] SRX vs Checkpoint (4800)

Jerry Jones jjones at danrj.com
Sun Nov 24 09:19:44 EST 2013

No comparison with checkpoint.

But Space is a framework. Yes you can purchase an appliance to run it on or just download the vm. In fact you can download the vm and play with for 30 days free.

To manage SRX you would use Security Director, a component of Space. You can download and try it also, but first must have a valid registered Space.

Security Director itself has come a long way in the last year. We have deployed it to manage a large national customer with many chain locations and it is working well. Note we sell Juniper so…

They have improved the GUI on SRX and added wizards to help make life nice, but it still is a long way from the cli.