[j-nsp] DHCP snoop/DAI/IPSG and mac-based vlans?

Marco Nesler satunz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 11:25:49 EDT 2013

yep all those features work with dot1x, i'm using all of them in a setup
with a mix of macauth and dot1x authenticated clients.

For example, XP client with Open1x as supplicant:

PC boot -> guest vlan
root at TEST-1x> show dhcp snooping binding
DHCP Snooping Information:
MAC address        IP address        Lease (seconds)  Type     VLAN
 Interface
00:0B:5D:24:25:91  192.168.119.229              3592  dynamic  guest-1x
ge-0/0/18.0

User logging in on the pc (authenticator start) -> dynamic vlan assigned
root at TEST-1x> show dhcp snooping binding
DHCP Snooping Information:
MAC address        IP address        Lease (seconds)  Type     VLAN
 Interface
00:0B:5D:24:25:91  192.168.213.74               3496  dynamic  mgmt
 ge-0/0/18.0

ciao
marco