[j-nsp] Outbound collision errors ?

Ben ben+juniper at list-subs.com
Tue Oct 15 09:33:13 EDT 2013

Hi,

This issue appears to be beyond the collective intellect of JTAC (I'm
getting the usual wall of silence you get when the poor engineer is
stumped !).   So before I complain to Juniper and escalate to someone
who knows their * from their elbow, I thought I would ask here first !

Mr Google is also not being particularly useful, apart from one
potential hit saying its a hardware fault.

Under "show int stat detail" on an EX4200, I'm seeing the following for
a copper gige interface :

   Output errors:
     Carrier transitions: 1, Errors: 0, Drops: 0, Collisions: 33174940,
     Aged packets: 0, FIFO errors: 0, HS link CRC errors: 0, MTU errors: 0,
     Resource errors: 0

I have swapped cables and ports on our side and it makes no difference,
the outbound collisions are still rising.

The carrier partner on the other side says they are seeing no errors
whatsoever on their kit.

We have tried  both hard coding and autoneg, same result in both instances.

Help !