[j-nsp] EX2200 rate limiting per port ?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Oct 17 04:46:45 EDT 2013

On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 04:55:43 AM joe mcguckin
wrote:

> I'm looking for a small switch that can rate limit
> traffic in and out per port with a granularity of 5mb or
> less. Typical application would be ethernet distribution
> within a building where each office gets a (possibly
> different) amount of bandwidth.
>
> Can the EX2200 do this?

Access or closet switches are notorious for not supporting
egress policing.

You're more likely going to need to look at modern Metro-E
switches like the Cisco ME3600X/3800X; but this will cost
more than your basic Layer 2 Ethernet switch.

Mark.