[j-nsp] EX2200 rate limiting per port ?

Alexandre Snarskii snar at snar.spb.ru
Thu Oct 17 05:23:12 EDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 10:46:45AM +0200, Mark Tinka wrote:
> > I'm looking for a small switch that can rate limit
> > traffic in and out per port with a granularity of 5mb or
> > less. Typical application would be ethernet distribution
> > within a building where each office gets a (possibly
> > different) amount of bandwidth.
> >
> > Can the EX2200 do this?
>
> Access or closet switches are notorious for not supporting
> egress policing.

Actually, EX-series supports egress shaping, which may be sufficient in
this case (iirc, shapers applied port-wide, there are no way to "shape
this vlan and do not shape (or shape differently) another one").

On the other hand, shapers and policers should be applied not on the
edge switches but rather on customer-facing routers...

But, in practice, there is.