[j-nsp] EX4550 true power consumption

Jonas Frey (Probe Networks) jf at probe-networks.de
Thu Oct 24 11:40:54 EDT 2013

Michael,

i understand that it depends on the config. But why is it so hard to
give some figures? E.g. base xx Watts, each optic xx Watts, VC module xx
Watts and so on. Even Cisco does this (for example Nexus 3k).
Right now it appears (with the only 650W power supply figure) as if the
EX4550 is a power hog (compared to similar units like the above
mentioned Nexus 3k).

-J