[j-nsp] Channelized E1/T1 Framed E1 G.703 support

Werner le Grange wernerlegrange at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 06:26:02 EDT 2013

Greetings

I don't find a M-Series (M7i or M10i) Channelized E1/T1 PIC that supports
framed E1 G.703

Our local Telco equipment is using G.703.

We are able to get an E1 circuit up and working with the config below.

ce1-0/1/0 {
    clocking external;
    e1-options {
        framing g704-no-crc4;
    }
    partition 0 timeslots 1-16 interface-type ds;

We found that our Cisco routers are performing much better with framed E1
G.703 circuits.

Does anyone have any suggestions or comments??

Juniper online documentation:
Channelized E1 IQ PIC
Supports unframed E1 G.703 and G.704 framing modes

Channelized E1/T1 Enhanced IQ (IQE) PIC
T1—SF (D4/superframe), ESF (extended superframe)
E1—G704, G704–no-crc4, unframed

Regards,
Werner