[j-nsp] M7i CFEB-E question

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Fri Sep 13 04:29:14 EDT 2013

> I need to find out how much memory is available on the integrated AS-PIC on
> a FEB-M7i-SVCS-ASM-E-BB (M7i Enhanced Forwarding Engine Board with built-in
> Adaptive Services Module).
>
> I haven't manged to get an answer through our usual Juniper channels.
> Hoping that I can get the information here.

*Which* memory are you looking for? The CFEB with built-in ASM has
several types of memory.

We have a few boxes with the built-in ASM (but we don't really use
the services functionality). All our boxes have either been upgraded
to 256 MB or they came with 256 MB. They typically report

x at y> show chassis cfeb
CFEB status:
  State                                 Online
  Intake temperature                 23 degrees C / 73 degrees F
  Exhaust temperature                29 degrees C / 84 degrees F
  CPU utilization                     7 percent
  Interrupt utilization               0 percent
  Heap utilization                   16 percent
  Buffer utilization                 27 percent
  Total CPU DRAM                    256 MB
  Internet Processor II                 Version 2, Foundry IBM, Part number 164
  Start time:                           2011-10-31 02:19:10 CET
  Uptime:                               683 days, 6 hours, 55 minutes, 24 seconds

x at y> show chassis hardware
Hardware inventory:
Item             Version  Part number  Serial number     Description
FPC 1                                                    E-FPC
  PIC 2          REV 05   750-015931   PN9779            ASP - Integrated (Layer-2-3)

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no