[j-nsp] Junos BNG PPPoE inside a VPLS

William Jackson william.jackson at gibtele.com
Tue Sep 17 08:39:03 EDT 2013

Gents

Theoretical question here:

I currently have a setup where I transport PPPoE frames between my xDSL boxes and a centralised BNG.
I use one vlan tag per xDSL box aggregator box, so all the subs from a specific box have the same vlan tag.

xDSL---->(vlan tagged Eth)-->PE-->MPLS Network-->PE-->(vlan tagged Eth)-->BNG(PPPoE) Termination.

This means that the mpls service I use to send my PPPoE traffic to my centralised BNG ends on the BNGs upstream PE node, and I use a standard vlan-tagging interface between BNG and PE.
I would like to extend the VPLS service to the BNG ( MX platform ), is it possible to interwork the PPPoE termination into the VPLS service?

I cant seem to find anything about a type of setup like this?

Thank you