[j-nsp] Junos BNG PPPoE inside a VPLS

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Tue Sep 17 09:52:12 EDT 2013

If I understand this correctly we are doing similar today...

Today, we have several POP's which have switches with VLAN trunks to
various equipment providing PPPOE (fixed wireless, xDSL etc).  At those
switches, we send a trunk up to an MX router.  Each of those VLAN's coming
into the MX is transported as either VPLS or L2VPN back to a centralized
BNG (MX as well).

xDSL--->VLAN Tags--->Switch--->VLAN Tags---->MX---->L2VPN---->MPLS
Network---->BNG(MX)

We treat the VLAN's just like any other L2VPN traffic...

Is this what you are thinking of doing?

Thanks,

Paul

On 2013-09-17 8:39 AM, "William Jackson" <william.jackson at gibtele.com>