[j-nsp] Junos BNG PPPoE inside a VPLS

Adrien Desportes adrien_desportes at yahoo.fr
Tue Sep 17 10:05:50 EDT 2013

Hello William,

Before 13.2 you would have to use an external loop to terminate the vpls on one side and the ppp on the other side (as lt- interface does not support the proper encapsulation for ppp).

Starting 13.2 (that was just released), if you use L2VPN rather than VPLS to backhaul your DSLAM VLAN, the below feature might do the job w/o consuming ports for the external hairpin:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos13.2/topics/concept/pseudowire-subscriber-interfaces-overview.html

Adrien