[j-nsp] l2circuit (martini) vlan-mismatch

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Sep 19 03:09:51 EDT 2013

Conssider this L2VPN (martini):

A-END:
unit 101 {
  encapsulation vlan-ccc;
  vlan-tags outer 101;
  output-vlan-map swap;
  family ccc;
}

(SVLAN 101 has CVLAN 42, 69, 666 below it)

B-END:
phys {
  encapsulation ethernet-ccc;
    unit 0 {
     input-vlan-map {
       push;
       vlan-id 101;   ## /MUST/ match to A-END SVLAN, otherwise A-END is down
     }
     output-vlan-map pop;
     family ccc;
    }
  }
}

Everything works just fine. Only I find it really strange B-END cannot push
arbitrary S-VLAN, considering A-END is going to change it anyhow. If it's not
101, A-END vill be down with 'vlan-mismatch'.

Now consider in B-END if some of the SVLANs need to go to the L2VPN circuit and
some SVLAN needs to be locally terminated.

A-END is unchanged.

B-END, attempt1:
unit 42 {
  encapsulation vlan-ccc;
  vlan-id-list [ 42 69 666 ];
  input-vlan-map {
    push;
    vlan-id 101;
  }
  output-vlan-map pop;
  family ccc;
}

==> B-END is up, A-END is down (vlan-mismatch)

B-END, attempt2:
native-vlan-id 101;
unit 42 {
  encapsulation vlan-ccc;
  vlan-tags outer 101 inner-list [ 42 69 666 ];
  output-vlan-map swap;
  family ccc;
}

===> Both sides up, does not work (I've not verified non-workiness myself)

I do not want to change A-end configuration. Only B-end can be changed. Is
there any workable solution, or example with neither attempt works?

--
  ++ytti