[j-nsp] Junos ospf question

Andrew Miehs andrew at 2sheds.de
Wed Sep 25 09:12:07 EDT 2013

As you say you have 4x MXs, I assume there are two at site "A" and the other 2 sites have one each.

Your networks would be something like:

10.a.0.0/16
10.b.0.0/16
10.c.0.0/16

10.a .0.0 and 10.b.0.0 both have a couple of subnets which are being used for storage systems...
let us assume - 10.a.255.0/24 and 10.b.255.0/24.

As site A has two routers - your probably don't want to static route, so I see two possible solutions:

1) Use one routing protocol for 10.a.255.0/24 and 10.b.255.0/24 (IS-IS perhaps) and run ospf for all your other networks
(Pretty horrible hack!)

2) set ACLS on the outbound interface on Site "A" going to site "C" and  another set on Site "B" going to site "C" (deny probably wiser than drop)....

But this has all said by other posters...