[j-nsp] Junos BNG PPPoE inside a VPLS

Adam Vitkovsky adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Fri Sep 27 03:21:31 EDT 2013

Well you could have a backup peer defined for the p2p pseudowire right?
So in case the primary BGN fails the PW is reestablished with the backup
BNG.
Or alternatively you could have the DSLAM(s) hooked up to a virtual
switching domain localy and have PWs to connect several remote BNGs with the
local virtual switching instance/domain.
However if the BNGs also need to talk to each other for some PPPoE state
sync than VPLS is the only way I guess.

adam