[j-nsp] ipv6-tunneling

Diogo Montagner diogo.montagner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 17:42:36 EDT 2014

If you are using IPv6 in the l3vpn, that's 6VPE. And for that, you will
need inet6-vpn in the MP-iBGP.

Few things to check:

- do you have an IPv6 in the access interface ?
- do you have IPv6 on your lo0 ?
- do you have family IPv6 configured on core facing interfaces ?
- if you do a show route IPv6_ADDRESS, being an v6 address on a remote CE
(attached to a remote PE), what do you see ?

Thanks

On Friday, 4 April 2014, Johan Borch <johan.borch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying 6PE, I don't have that much useful config to show yet :(
>
> Johan
>

> On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 11:25 PM, Diogo Montagner <
> diogo.montagner at gmail.com<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','diogo.montagner at gmail.com');>
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Johan,
>>
>> Are trying to do 6PE or 6VPE ?
>>
>> Would be helpfull if you share the relevant configuration you have
>> applied on your routers.
>>
>> If you are trying to 6VPE, you will need the family inet6-vpn too on the
>> MP-iBGP.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> On Friday, 4 April 2014, Johan Borch <johan.borch at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I'm trying to tunnel ipv6 over mpls ipv4 core using the ipv6-tunneling
>>> knob, following this document:
>>>
>>> http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos13.1/topics/example/mpls-tunneling-ipv6-over-mpls-ipv4.html
>>>
>>> I'm not finding that document that helpfull and can't get it to work.
>>> family ipv6 is enabled on all interfaces and ipv6-tunneling on protocol
>>> mpls. But in this case the customer is directly connected to the PE and
>>> have a vrf/l3vpn there, do I still need the whole inet6 ebgp stuff?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Johan

--
./diogo -montagner