[j-nsp] Junos Dynamic VPN

Ali Sumsam ali+junipernsp at eintellego.net
Tue Apr 29 22:50:12 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I have a SRX240 cluster and doing VPN to it using Junos pulse client.

My first question is, can we use a mac or windows client to connect this
VPN rather than the Junos Pulse?

One of the options, Junose pulse shows is the "SRX". What is the protocol
behind VPN Type "SRX"?

My second question is about the routing through the VPN session. Is it
possible to run the internet through the VPN. Has someone ever done that?

My rough idea is, If I send default route to the VPN client
 and
on the client's PC, set a route in which pointing SRX's public IP towards
the main internet connection of the PC.
This way SRX public IP will be reachable from the client's PC and default
route will be pointing towards the VPN.

Please comment.

Thanks,

*Ali Sumsam - *eintellego Networks Pty Ltd
Senior Network Engineer
ali at eintellegonetworks.com ; www.eintellegonetworks.com

Phone: 1300 239 038; Cell +61 (0)450 609 592 ; skype://sumsam.ali80

linkedin.com/in/alisumsam

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco - Cloud