[j-nsp] Procedure for upgrade routing engines.

Misak Khachatryan m.khachatryan at gnc.am
Wed Apr 30 02:15:23 EDT 2014

Hello again,

just quick report - I yesterday finally upgraded my MX480 with
RE-S-1800. The procedure is very similar to
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos13.3/topics/task/configuration/64-bit-junos-upgrading.html
, but there are few moments - first of all - if You also upgrading SCB,
then You should:

remove backup RE with SCB,
put new RE to old SCB,
install it back,
install 64 bit JunOS,
synchronize config,
remove old SCB with new RE back,
put new RE to new SCB,
remove both old SCBs with OLD RE,
put newly prepared SCB with RE and boot MX480.
Then You can add second new SCB with RE.

I also saved and restored licenses. There is a chance that they will
sync in process of config sync, but better to make sure.

Thanks again to all who helped me with this.

--
Best regards,
Misak Khachatryan