[j-nsp] Viability of EX4300 in a primarily l3 environment?

Paul S. contact at winterei.se
Fri Aug 1 23:13:31 EDT 2014

Hi folks,

We're considering the EX4300 to run routing (l3) for a few hypervisors
of ours that are connected via l2.

Primarily interested due to the rather massive arp limit (64, 000) on
the switch, but we've been told (and searched for ourselves to find out)
that the 4300 platform has been plagued by random issues since launch.

Has this improved, and is anyone using the 4300 on a primarily L3
environment who could possibly chime in?

It seems to be the most cost effective way to get arp entries on a
Juniper platform (Other than upgrading to the full stacks like 8200/9200).

Off-list replies are welcome, and thanks to everyone reading this
beforehand.

-- Paul