[j-nsp] Viability of EX4300 in a primarily l3 environment?

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Wed Aug 6 19:03:52 EDT 2014

I believe this to be the case as well - when you run a mixed-mode virtual chassis (45/42) you end up moving the entire chassis to the lowest common denominator (45xx) and reducing your ARP table size down to 8K along with associated routing entries .

There's a nice side-by-side of the whole range here:

http://www.juniper.net/fragment.do?xmlPath=/cn/zh/products-services/switching/ex-series/modules/product-comparison.xml&xslPath=/shared/xsl/product-compare/compare.xsl&compPP=true&height=300

Ben