[j-nsp] ipv4/ipv6-flow-table-size

Scott Harvanek scott.harvanek at login.com
Mon Aug 25 15:02:56 EDT 2014

I'm wondering if anyone can clarify something for me from docs:

"

  * Any change in the configured size of flow hash table sizes initiates
    an automatic reboot of the FPC.
  * The total number of units used for both IPv4 and IPv6 cannot exceed 15.

"

- Does the initial config entry of ipv4/ipv6-flow-table-size cause the
FPC to reboot or only if the configured value is changed?

-- I.e. the default for IPv4 size is 15, if that gets changed [ not
currently set in config ] does that cause a reboot?

Also, is 15 the maximum aggregate or is it per table:

-- Can you have 15 units assigned to IPv4 and IPv6 at the same time? or,
is 15 the maximum between the two?

Thanks!
-SH