[j-nsp] DSL on SRX110 comes back after reboot

Tyler Christiansen tyler at adap.tv
Wed Aug 27 23:18:07 EDT 2014

Hi, Skeeve.

As Michael D. mentioned, there's an updated firmware version for the DSL
module.  I would lean very heavily on JTAC (and escalate to ATAC if you
haven't already) to get this firmware and give it a try on a small scale.

Good luck!

--tc

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 8:12 PM, Skeeve Stevens <
skeeve at eintellegonetworks.com> wrote:

> Thanks for that.
>
> A couple of people have suggested restarting the FPC... which, honestly
> never occurred to me... but is very obvious.
>
> Thank you all and I will wait till the circuits go down again and see if
> this fixes it.
>
> Re Firmware..
>
> skeeve at xxxCPE> show system firmware
> Part             Type           Tag Current   Available Status
>                                     version   version
> FPC 1
>   PIC 0          VDSLBCM        10  2.10.0              OK
> Routing Engine 0 RE BIOS        0   2.5       2.5       OK
> Routing Engine 0 RE BIOS Backup 1   2.5       2.5       OK
> Routing Engine 0 RE FPGA        14  1.0.0               OK
>

> ...Skeeve
>
> *Skeeve Stevens - *eintellego Networks Pty Ltd
> skeeve at eintellegonetworks.com ; www.eintellegonetworks.com
>
> Phone: 1300 239 038; Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; skype://skeeve
>
> facebook.com/eintellegonetworks ;  <http://twitter.com/networkceoau>
> linkedin.com/in/skeeve
>
> experts360: https://expert360.com/profile/d54a9
>
> twitter.com/theispguy ; blog: www.theispguy.com
>

> The Experts Who The Experts Call
> Juniper - Cisco - Cloud - Consulting - IPv4 Brokering
>

> On 28 August 2014 12:14, Tyler Christiansen <tyler at adap.tv> wrote:
>
>> I would try restarting the FPC instead of rebooting.  That should reduce
>> the total downtime quite a bit.  If you determine the circuit goes down
>> after X period of time, you could write a script to bounce the FPC every
>> X-Y period of time.  It sucks, but it's possible.
>>
>> Obviously, the standard responses apply: what's the firmware version for
>> the DSL card (show system firmware), what version of Junos, have you
>> escalated to ATAC, etc.
>>
>> --tc
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Someone on reddit was reporting similar issues:
>> >

>> http://www.reddit.com/r/networking/comments/2eoyna/srx110_replacement_options/
>> >
>> > - Mike Gonnason

>> > online.

>> lines

>> up
>> bring

*Tyler Christiansen | Technical Operations*
tyler <http://adap.tv/>@adap.tv <http://adap.tv/> | www.adap.tv
*m :* 864.346.4095