[j-nsp] SRX240 Multicast

Tyler Christiansen tyler at adap.tv
Wed Aug 27 23:54:47 EDT 2014

A few things:

security {
    zones {
        security-zone policies;
    }

That doesn't actually do anything (afaik).  You've basically created a
security zone called `policies` but you haven't assigned any objects to it.

I'm not sure about this part, either:

security {
    policies {
        default-policy {
            permit-all;
        }
    }
}

I would do something more akin to:

tyler at srx.example.com> show configuration
security {
    policies {
        from-zone trust to-zone trust {
            policy PERMIT_ALL {
                match {
                    source-address any;
                    destination-address any;
                    application any;
                }
                then {
                    permit;
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

If all else fails, put it in packet mode.  If it works in packet mode, then
there's something wrong with your firewall configuration.  Maybe someone
can offer some more specific SRX + multicast advice; my advice is just
general SRX advice.  I don't have SRX devices participating in multicast,
so can't speak to anything specific to the platform + multicast.

--

*Tyler Christiansen | Technical Operations*
tyler <http://adap.tv/>@adap.tv <http://adap.tv/> | www.adap.tv