[j-nsp] Transfer some task from MX to VRR

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Dec 1 11:52:05 EST 2014

On Monday, December 01, 2014 05:27:23 PM Phil Bedard wrote:

> Juniper as far as I know plans on maintaining two
> versions of the vMX at least to start with.  The vRR
> version is similar to the one used for things like lab
> testing and uses 1 VM with both the vRE and vPFE
> integrated.  The vRR is not meant to be in the
> forwarding path just like the vRR offerings from ALU and
> Cisco.  You would not really want to use it to terminate
> eBGP sessions.

Don't know about the ALU offering, but Cisco don't have a
vRR-type solution.

CSR1000v is a full-fledged router. What you can do and how
much traffic you can forward through it is all controlled by
what license you buy.

I find this a better use of vendor resources than
maintaining two separate tracks.

Mark.