[j-nsp] Cooling Pads for Juniper SRX?

Tim St. Pierre tim at communicatefreely.net
Tue Dec 2 13:01:15 EST 2014

If you are running these outdoors in racks with solar gain and 36 degree
ambient, then you really need to look at cooling your racks properly.

These devices don't have the wide temperature range that something like
an ACX does, so you may want to look into some system for cooling the racks.

There are lots of good heat exchanger cooling systems for outdoor
cabinets.  You can also get some nice AC units that mount in the door.
Dantherm makes a nice 48v air conditioner for small enclosures.

Failing that, the suggestion below to add some fans is probably the best
one.  That, and try to maintain some space between them.