[j-nsp] SRX High-end Packet mode

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+j-nsp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 17:56:14 EST 2014

Hi Mahmoud,

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 4:34 AM, M Abdeljawad via juniper-nsp <
juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net> wrote:

> I have three questions about packet mode on high-end SRX firewalls
> - Is it supported on SRX high-end firewalls to switch the firewall to
packet mode altogether using the below command which supported on branch
firewalls;(set security forwarding-options family mpls mode packet-based)
> - Is it supported on SRX high-end firewalls to partially convert some
traffic to packet mode (selective packet forwarding using filters)?
> - Is it possible to operate MPLS on SRX high-end firewalls without
enabling packet-mode?

Packet mode is not supported on HE SRX at all. Neither is MPLS.

Comparison of features supported on SRX650 with SRX5600:
http://pathfinder.juniper.net/feature-explorer/compare-platforms.html?swName=Junos+OS&typ=1#bm=cmphw&pl1=SRX650&pl2=SRX5600&rel=12.1X46-D25

Cheers,
Dale