[j-nsp] QFX5100 question

Giuliano Medalha giuliano at wztech.com.br
Thu Dec 18 19:30:36 EST 2014

Joe,

Starting with 14.1X53-D10, QFX5100 supports L2VPN, but only the Martini
draft(LDP based), not Kompella(BGP based).

See the release notes:

Ethernet-over-MPLS (L2 circuit) (QFX5100)—Starting with Junos OS Release
14.1X53-D10, Ethernet-over-MPLS is supported on QFX5100 switches.

Ethernet-over-MPLS enables you to send Layer 2 Ethernet frames
transparently over an MPLS cloud. Ethernet-over-MPLS uses a tunneling
mechanism for Ethernet traffic through an MPLS-enabled Layer 3 core. It
encapsulates Ethernet protocol data units (PDUs) inside MPLS packets and
forwards the packets, using label stacking, across the MPLS network.

QFX5100 is a very good machine, with a lot of new features and good
performance, but you need to take care about the new CLI (L2NG) and how to
configure things (qinq for instance is different from EX).

I think that, if the actual implementation of L2VPN feature can support
your network, and you SE helps you and your tem with the correct scripts or
the correct way to configure (testing before) ... you will NOT have any
problems to buy it and to deploly it.

Att,

Giuliano

Giuliano Cardozo Medalha
Systems Engineer
+55 (17) 3011-3811
+55 (17) 98112-5394
JUNIPER J-PARTNER ELITE
giuliano at wztech.com.br
http://www.wztech.com.br/

​
WZTECH is registered trademark of WZTECH NETWORKS.
Copyright © 2014 WZTECH NETWORKS. All Rights Reserved.

IMPORTANTE:
As informações deste e-mail e o conteúdo dos  eventuais  documentos anexos
são confidenciais e para conhecimento exclusivo do destinatário. Se o
leitor  desta  mensagem  não  for o seu destinatário,
fica desde já notificado de que não poderá  divulgar,  distribuir ou, sob
qualquer forma, dar conhecimento a terceiros das informações e do conteúdo
dos documentos anexos. Neste caso, favor comunicar imediatamente
o remetente, respondendo este e-mail ou telefonando ao mesmo, e em seguida
apague-o.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The information transmitted in this email message and any attachments are
solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any review,
transmission,  dissemination or other use of this information is
the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer, including
any copies.