[j-nsp] MX80 JFlow Setup

Scott Granados scott at granados-llc.net
Tue Dec 23 12:31:02 EST 2014

Hi there, what you have will work well with a  few modifications.

If you’re using inline sampling you might as well set the rate to 1, the sampling is happening at 1:1 regardless and all the rate adjusts in this config is the scaling factor.
You’re config also needs sample points so something like

set interfaces xe-0/0/0.0 family inet sampling input
place an input sampling statement on the interfaces that face your upstream and that face your inside network, do not sample on the output channel.

You also don’t need to define everything on the template level
you can just do services monitoring flow sampling template ipv4 ipv4-template

you can set your flow sizes on the forwarding options sampling instance input section and finally you want to define an ipv4 and ipv6 flow-table size on the tfeb.

set chassis tfeb slot 0 sampling instance blah ipv4 and ipv6 table-size

note that the tfeb will restart when configured  to reprogram with the new flow table size settings.

Settings are 1-15 where the number is x*256K flows.  You can define ipv4 only if you do not have any ipv6.

Hope that helps.